Kindergarten Registration 2021 – Dorothy Peacock Elementary
Dorothy Peacock Elementary welcomes new Kindergarten students to our school community. Our teachers and staff are eager to meet your child and your family and get them started on their learning journey.
Registration opens January 18 and continues through until March 31, 2021. Registration will not be available at the school during Spring Break, from March 13 –28, 2021.
Please review the following information outlining documents needed and instructions to help register new learners. Due to COVID-19, our schools will be modifying registration this year to meet health and safety guidelines and support the needs of families. If you have any general questions about Kindergarten registration, please contact our Administrative Assistant, Mrs Lipp at the school by phone: 604-513-8000 or email: email@example.com
You will need to produce the following documents:
- Proof of age (Birth Certificate or Passport)
- Proof of one parent’s Canadian Citizenship (Canadian Birth Certificate, Canadian Passport, Canadian Citizenship Card, Landed Immigrant documentation) or Permanent Resident Status (Permanent Resident documentation/cards for parent(s) and student)
- Proof of residence (mortgage papers, Property Tax Notice, BC Driver’s Licence, subject-free purchase agreement [less than 6 month move-in date], utility bill)
- Current vaccination records* (school does not retain a copy)
- Registration Form (also available on District website and child’s school)
You will need to do the following:
- Complete registration form (fillable pdf) and have documents ready. See above checklist.
- Submit documents in-person or online.
Please email Mrs Lipp (firstname.lastname@example.org) and submit copies of documents as attachments and not images inserted into the body of the email. This will streamline the process for both parents/guardians and staff. Registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided
Please visit the school on Monday-Friday between 9:00 am-2:00 pm (you may be asked to remain outside if someone is currently registering). Upon entry, please wear a mask, sanitize your hands and sign in to our Visitor log book. Staff will make copies of any documents required. Registration may be delayed if the required documentation is not provided. Please abide by COVID-19 health and safety protocols, which may include completing a health check upon entering, signing in as a visitor, maintaining physical distancing, and wearing a mask.
- Once your child’s information has been received, you will receive confirmation from the school informing you it has been received, along with other information, and further instructions (if necessary).
We will be sending a ‘Welcome to Kindergarten’ package with valuable information and dates to get you and your family ready for September.
We look forward to meeting all our future members of Peacock Nation!