February 21, 2021
Happy Sunday! Hopefully everyone is enjoying their weekend! Here is the information you need to know for the week ahead.
New Information To Share
Professional Development Day: Just a reminder that students do not attend on Monday February 22nd. Staff will be participating in professional development activities as well as student inclusive conferences. March 3rd is also a day set aside for student inclusive conferences so students will not attend on that day as well.
Student Inclusive Conferences: Thank you to everyone who has scheduled their student inclusive conference. There are only a handful of people who still need to book. A reminder that the conference is replacing the term 2 report card so you will not be receiving a document in lieu of a conference. If you still haven’t booked a conference, please call the classroom teacher or Mrs Lipp directly.
Student Inclusive Conference Family Reflection Form: Last week we sent home the family reflection form for our upcoming conferences. You can click here to access it. Please complete and bring to your child’s conference as preparation for a collaborative conversation about the learning journey and goal setting for the final term.
COVID Procedures For Student Inclusive Conferences: We will be starting our Student Inclusive Conferences tomorrow and through the next three weeks. When you come for your time, please remember the following:
- Please bring only the child the conference is for. Arrangements should be made for siblings to stay at home
- Please enter the classroom from the exterior door. Do not come through the front foyer
- Please wash/sanitize hands immediately upon entry
- Please wear a mask for the entire time you are in the conference
- Please respect the 20 minute time frame for your conference
Diversity and Respect Week February 23-26 is Diversity and Respect week. The students are planning lots of things for this week. Check out this student created video that will be shared with classes (click here). We are also asking students to wear the following starting next week:
- Tuesday: Be who you are day: Wear your favourite colour or outfit. Show who you are or would like to be.
- Wednesday: Pink shirt day: To raise awareness of bullying issues. This is National Pink Shirt Day.
- Thursday: Black shirt day: To raise awareness of anti-racism.
- Friday: Rainbow shirt day: To show everyone is valued.
Superintendent Letter – Anti Racism: This was emailed to the community and posted on our social media pages, but in case you missed it (click here)
Grade 7 Parents – WGSS Course Planning: Just a reminder for Grade 7 families that Grade 8 Course Planning forms are due back to your classroom teacher by this Friday, February 26th. You can see all the information if you click here.
Information From Last Week
None This Week
DPE PAC News
None This Week
Coming Up This Week
Student Inclusive Conferences – no school for students
Respect And Diversity Week – Come As You Are Day
JHSC meeting 3:00
Respect And Diversity Week – Pink Shirt Day
Respect And Diversity Week – Black Shirt Day
Respect And Diversity Week – Rainbow Day